1. Everyone is different - After joining a sorority, you'll soon figure out that not everyone in a sorority is the same, like how it's portrayed in the movies. You will get to meet and become friends with a diverse group of girls that will change your life.
2. You'll never be bored - Don't have anything to do on a Tuesday night? I guarantee that some of your sisters would love to have a movie and pizza night! There will always be someone there to hang out with when you're bored.
3. You'll meet your potential bridesmaids - If you're the type of person that already has their whole wedding planned, going Greek will give you that missing piece of the puzzle - those bridesmaids that are also your sisters and will help make your special day magical!
4. Formals/dances - A great way to relieve some stress from a hard week of classes is dancing the night away with your sisters! And getting all dressed up in your big's apartment while singing loudly to musicals is always the best way to get ready for a dance.
5. There will always be someone to have your back - No matter what you're going through, there is probably someone within your sorority that has gone through something similar that will help you through it. There will always be someone to go to for any type of advice.
6. You'll be surprised by how many people you have things in common with - Even though sororities are full of diverse women, you would be surprised at how many people you can find little things in common with.
7. Participating in Philanthropies - Greek life gives you many opportunities to help give back to your community and competition for fundraising for your Philanthropy is always a fun experience!
8. Making connections - Joining a sorority will connect you with many different people with whom you can network, so you can find anything from a babysitting job to an internship opportunity.
9. Academic support - Many Greek organizations offer various academic support options that will help you keep your grades up and stay on top of your classes.
10. You'll gain sisters for a lifetime - Being in a sorority doesn't just end after college. You'll get to stay in touch with your sisters and keep that bond between you forever!
Lots of women were at first hesitant about going through recruitment but ended up loving it. Most likely, you'll end up loving the experience and finding your Greek home. Even if that doesn't happen, at least you got the chance to meet some incredible women and hopefully made a few new friends! There's little to lose, and so much to gain, so why not give it a shot? Hurry, registration closes Thursday, September 1st! Go to gogreek.slu.edu to sign up!