Here are some more helpful hints for having a great semester at SLU:
- Exercise. Simon Recreation Center is open weekday nights until 12 a.m. and stays open until 10 in the evening on Friday and Saturday; if working out in the evening isn’t your style, the gym also opens at 6 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Eggs are sides. Griesedieck dining hall opens at 10 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday with a delicious brunch. Eating breakfast provides energy for the rest of the day and can help you focus on getting homework done over the weekend.
- SLU Tutoring. Speaking of homework… get some help with your harder classes. While tutors won’t do your homework for you, they will help you with the process. If one-on-one sessions aren’t your style, try going to Supplemental Instruction sessions for bigger classes like chemistry or anatomy.
- Study Groups. Your friends will help encourage you when you feel like there’s no end to homework in sight. Plus, you can try new and novel study spots, instead of returning to Pius Library night after night.
- The Writing Center. If you need help with a paper, this is the place to go. Even if you feel confident with your writing, the students working in the center will find ways to improve upon your work.
- Caffeine. A personal favorite, in moderation caffeine can help you finish that paper due at midnight or study for an upcoming test. Starbucks is conveniently on campus, but going to the POD and picking up some Kaldi’s Coffee can save you some flex money.